south african student media
- Most Wits eateries to remain affordable amid soaring food priceson February 2, 2023 at 7:00 am
The financial pressure on students at Wits will not come from what they eat this year, if buying exclusively from on-campus restaurants. Food outlets at Wits University have maintained 2022’s prices despite a 12,4% increase in the price of food and non-alcoholic beverages over the last year, as noted by the Stats SA Consumer Price
- REVIEW: Without compliance, ending uni corruption impossible says Jansenon February 1, 2023 at 11:56 am
Just weeks after an attempted hit on the University of Fort Hare’s vice-chancellor for exposing corruption, one professor is the latest to raise concern and ire over the matter. In his book, Corrupted: A Study of Chronic Dysfunction in South African Universities, Jonathan Jansen examines what makes some South African universities “dysfunctional” and others “functional”. He
- Top achiever plans to empower otherson January 30, 2023 at 11:38 am
From quiet Ngcobo to bustling Johannesburg, one of South Africa’s brightest matriculants hopes to inspire and give back to her community. For much of three years, at 03:00 when most people were fast asleep, Khanyisile Landingwe, a 17-year-old matriculant from Nyanga High School in the Eastern Cape, was wide awake, working to make her dreams
- GALLERY: DA Marches to ANC headquarters over loadsheddingon January 26, 2023 at 10:00 am
Thousands of ANC and DA protesters took to the streets of Johannesburg on Wednesday, January 26, blocking roads around Chief Albert Luthuli House. DA supporters swarmed Gandhi square near Luthuli House while the ANC Youth League marched around the ANC’s headquarters. The former to demand action on loadshedding and the latter to ‘protect’ their party
- Permanent blackout for Leanoon January 23, 2023 at 11:14 am
The lights go down on another Braamfontein restaurant as South Africa’s rolling blackouts continue unabated. Braamfontein hotspot, Leano Restaurant & Live Music, officially closed its doors and turned off its stage lights for the last time on January 18, 2023. In a statement posted on Instagram, owners cited several challenges that led to the closure
- 2023 SRC inauguratedon January 16, 2023 at 2:47 pm
The Inauguration of the 2023 SRC took place on 16 January on main campus at Senate Hall. During the ceremony the Director of Student Affairs, Dr Matete Madiba gave a speech offering important advice about the challenges the SRC will face during their term as well as how to best manage these challenges while still
- Pricey foods cost lives of the pooron December 5, 2022 at 5:20 pm
Although South Africa is a food-secure nation, food insecurity plagues townships such as Alexandra. The lack of access to affordable nutritious goods has stunted many low-income households. t the time of writing it is the end of September and the official arrival of Spring, but the first seasonal rains have not yet fallen. It has
- To eat or not to eat the cow: That is the question on December 5, 2022 at 4:34 pm
As the world creeps closer to climate crisis D-day, will a moo-ve to a plant-based diet really make a difference? ld MacDonald had a farm, Ee i ee i oh… And on his farm he had some cows, Ee i ee i oh. With drastic effects on land here, and drastic effects on air there…
- Is green the new black?on December 5, 2022 at 3:58 pm
Sustainable fashion is a trending topic in the garments industry, but is it just for show and only for a season, or is it a clarion call for lasting change? rends are the life blood of the fashion industry. In the 1970s bell-bottoms were all the rage; in the late 1990s and early 2000s it
- Climate change and migration in SAon December 5, 2022 at 3:48 pm
Climate-displaced persons share their experiences with host communities amid water scarcity. n bad days you can smell the horrible stench of sewage from a distance. A hot, oppressive wind blows through streets lined with garbage heaps. This is Huhudi, a township outside Vryburg in North West province. Like many other residents, the Reverend Gregor Mascher
- ‘Going green’: can small restaurants afford to be environmentally friendly? on December 5, 2022 at 3:45 pm
Introducing sustainable and greener systems into a small business is believed to be costly, but some restaurants have found a way to make it work and cover their costs simultaneously. lastic, food waste, and energy consumption are just some of many factors contributing to the climate crisis not only in South Africa, but the whole
- Fire safety: A burning issue at CampusKeyon November 1, 2022 at 12:00 pm
On 10 August at around 22:00, a room in Block A of CampusKey’s Glyn building caught fire, spread, and caused extensive damage to several rooms. Although no injuries or deaths were reported, the fire caused extensive damage to three rooms and the building itself, costing thousands of rands. A resident, Anna Doe*, said to PDBY
ghana student media
- Feed has no items.
uganda student media
- 2023/2024 Makerere University Mature Age Entry Scheme Aptitude Test Resultsby Magembe Solomon on February 3, 2023 at 11:20 am
The Makerere University Academic Registrar released the Mature Age Entry Scheme Aptitude Test that was held on Saturday 17th December 2022. Brief Background: What is Mature Age Entry Scheme? Is an entry pathway for students who haven’t completed any tertiary study. To be eligible for the Mature Age entry examinations, the candidate must be at least The post 2023/2024 Makerere University Mature Age Entry Scheme Aptitude Test Results appeared first on The Campus Times.
- Eddy Kenzo: At the 65th Annual Grammy Awardsby Magembe Solomon on February 3, 2023 at 9:33 am
Eddy Kenzo will be going to the 65th Annual Grammy Awards at the Crypto.com Arena in Downtown Los Angeles in California, US on Sunday 5th February. He was the first East African artist to win a BET Award of any kind, Eddy Kenzo awaits to see if this weekend will be the defining time of The post Eddy Kenzo: At the 65th Annual Grammy Awards appeared first on The Campus Times.
- Valentine’s Day Activity Ideas for Couplesby Magembe Solomon on February 3, 2023 at 7:37 am
Valentine’s Day is a special day for couples to celebrate their love and affection for each other. It’s a time to show appreciation, create memories, and strengthen the bond between two people in love. Whether you’re looking to plan a romantic evening or a fun adventure, there are plenty of ways to make this Valentine’s The post Valentine’s Day Activity Ideas for Couples appeared first on The Campus Times.
- Music Review: Tonzijukiza Lockdown – Alien Skinby Kakiiza Faustine on February 2, 2023 at 1:45 pm
“Tonzijukiza” is a title given to a song due to what happened during the 2020 lockdown that plunged a lot of muscians into developing abyss. Such a sweet feeling, to see nothing fancy, nothing out of the ordinary, no special effects, no superior storyline, basically just nothing, just a video of friends high on vibes The post Music Review: Tonzijukiza Lockdown – Alien Skin appeared first on The Campus Times.
- English Premier League Transfers: Ins and Outsby Magembe Solomon on February 2, 2023 at 1:32 pm
The Premier League January Transfer window opened on Sunday, January 1, 2023, and ended at 12pm EAT on Wednesday, January 31. As usual, players can be bought and sold across Europe and beyond. Loan deals are also able to be completed during the month-long window. We shall keep you up to date on the transfer that occurred The post English Premier League Transfers: Ins and Outs appeared first on The Campus Times.
- Tour’s Guide To Explore Ugandaby Magembe Solomon on February 2, 2023 at 10:01 am
Uganda boasts a thriving tourism sector, offering a diverse range of experiences from breathtaking landscapes to wildlife encounters and cultural hotspots. After Uganda was named among the best destinations to visit in 2023 by CNN, the tourism industry has grown exponentially. This Tour Guide will help you find the best spots to do a safari The post Tour’s Guide To Explore Uganda appeared first on The Campus Times.
- 15 Must-See TV Shows In 2023by Magembe Solomon on February 1, 2023 at 12:58 pm
With so many new TV shows being released each year, it can be hard to keep up with what to watch next. That’s why we’ve come up with the top 15 must-see TV shows of 2023 for you! From thrilling dramas to action, horror, and sci-fi there’s something for everyone. Whether you’re in the mood The post 15 Must-See TV Shows In 2023 appeared first on The Campus Times.
- Today Marks 5 Years Since the Mozey Radio Went Silentby Kakiiza Faustine on February 1, 2023 at 10:54 am
On February 1st at 06:00 local time (03:00 GMT) on Thursday, 2018, the singer, who made up one half of duo Radio & Weasel, lost his fight for life. Goodlyfe singer Mowzey Radio, real name Moses Ssekibogo Nakintijje breathed his last and died just hours after President Yoweri Museveni donated $8,300 (£5,800) towards his medical The post Today Marks 5 Years Since the Mozey Radio Went Silent appeared first on The Campus Times.
kenyan student media
- DCI rescues a university student kidnapped by her friendby Ruth Wanjiru on February 1, 2023 at 11:08 am
Detectives from the Directorate of Criminal Investigations have rescued a female Egerton University student who went missing for five days. In a thread of
- You have 7 days to produce that video, Chebukati tells Railaby Ruth Wanjiru on February 1, 2023 at 10:41 am
Former Independent Electoral Boundaries Commission(IEBC) Chairman Wafula Chebukati has threatened to take Azimio la Umoja One Kenya Coalition Leader Raila Odinga to court over
- Jackton Odhiambo has a case to answer over murder of LGBTQ activist Edwin Chilobaby Ruth Wanjiru on January 31, 2023 at 3:40 pm
Police have completed their investigations into the murder of LGBTQ activist Edwin Chiloba, whose body was found stuffed in a metallic box along the
- Government to spend Sh 5 Billion on junior secondary school laboratoriesby Ruth Wanjiru on January 31, 2023 at 11:35 am
Education Principle Secretary Belio Kipsang has said that in efforts to ensure there is adequate infrastructure and sufficient learning materials for the transitioning grade
- No handshake, talk to us about your permanent retirement, Gachagua tells Railaby Ruth Wanjiru on January 30, 2023 at 5:05 am
Deputy President Rigathi Gachagua has told his boss, President William Ruto, to steer away from any discussions based on a political handshake with Azimio
- PRESIDENT RUTO LAUCHES AFFORDABLE HOUSING IN SHAURI MOYOby Ruth Wanjiru on January 27, 2023 at 6:18 pm
In the wake of providing affordable housing for the country, President William Ruto has today launched a 10 billion affordable housing project in Shauri
- A 69 YEAR OLD MAN IN KISII DIFILES A 6 YEAR OLD GIRLby Ruth Wanjiru on January 27, 2023 at 6:10 pm
A 69- year old man in Kisii County has been arrested for defiling a 6 year old girl. According to the police report, the
- State rolls out training of youth to deep sea fishingby Brian Kirui on January 27, 2023 at 11:59 am
The State Department of Blue Economy and Fisheries yesterday flagged off nine students going for deep sea training. Speaking to the media during the
- Kericho women urged to detect signs of cervical cancerby Brian Kirui on January 27, 2023 at 11:09 am
With January being the cervical cancer awareness month, medics in Kericho, have raised concern over low cervical cancer screening uptake by residents. They have
- LAPSSET project will not be derailed by militants – RC Otienoby Brian Kirui on January 27, 2023 at 10:09 am
North Eastern regional commissioner John Otieno has reiterated that the government will not allow the Al Shabaab insurgents to interfere with the construction of
- Treasury gives Sh.4 billion CDF money, promises to release the rest in bitsby Brian Kirui on January 27, 2023 at 9:46 am
The National Treasury has disbursed Sh4 billion to the National Government Constituency Development Fund (NGCDF) kitty after Members of Parliament on Monday protested delay
- Sharing of Netflix passwords to get cancelled come March 2023by Ruth Wanjiru on January 26, 2023 at 3:34 pm
Giant streaming website Netflix is expected to clamp down on password sharing in March this year. Sharing its earnings report to shareholders, Netflix explained